Saturday, November 1, 2008

On the First Night of NaNo...

My character said to me~ I hate this kitty~

If you don't get it then you haven't read my novel synopsis yet. It's the first day of NaNoWriMo and my word count is 2073, I'm getting ready to head off to bed and this is what I've managed so far.

  • Hit 2073 words, 2000 being the least amount of words I wanted to reach.
  • Came up with a title for my book.
  • Came up with a title for the series that it will (hopefully) belong to.
  • Put up my synopsis of my novel on my NaNo page, along with the title.
  • End up beat in the first day word count by my friend, Naoko.

I admit, she deserves her victory, though. And a muffin. And perhaps a echidna (I think that's the correct spelling...) but no hard lemonades. *wicked grin* She knows what I'm talking about, even if the rest of you are clueless. So I think I did good for my first day of NaNo. I'll hit 50,000 at least. At most, I'll be going for that 100,000 I want. I'm going to bed for now. More writing I have to do tomorrow morning before I have to clean the kitchen and help clean out my Mawmaw's basement before I write more and begin to put my poor main character through hell. That's when the things my character says will become interesting...

Good night all!
From the land of NaNo and caffeinated writers,

Britt

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wanted to get 2,000 and I ended up with 3,300, 'cause I won't be able to write as much today and wanted to compensate. But it still doesn't have a title. Or much of a plot. >> But I did manage to destroy the lead's precious peasant village and turned his best friend evil in record time, and I'm proud of that.