Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Introducing the Writer

Hello all.

My name is Britt and I'm currently working towards my dream of having a career as a professional writer. I am trying to finish my current project. A novel I started outlining back in late October, that was originally supposed to be a short story for a friend and ended up becoming a full blown novel during November for NaNoWriMo '07. I'm still writing this story for her, but now I'm writing it for my other friends as well as myself, but when I think back to when Luna Caelum Solum, or LCS, was merely an idea in my mind, I always remember that she's the one that inspired me.
Anyway, it's hard for me to find time to write, but I manage. I somehow manage to precariously balance my 'job' and family life. Between two sisters, 16 and 11, and a brother, almost 13, plus my Mom and Dad and two dogs, four cats, a zebra finch, three European starlings I raised, and a flying squirrel I raised as well, I think it's pretty understandable that writing can be difficult for me at times. Luckily, I have a supportive family and friends that cheers me on and understand.
I began writing when I was young. I still have a few of the notes from the stories I wrote back then lying around. My Mother is the reason I began writing. She wanted to be a writer, but never acomplished her goal. She has a few poems published. Poems I'll post here eventually... But I continue to write for myself. Another reason I'm still writing today and haven't given up in the years until now is because of a friend of mine. She writes fantastic stories, and I love her stories to death and look up to her a writer. So I have her and my love of writing to thank.
I love writing. I could sit all day in front of the computer with a cup of coffee or hot chocolate, and a bagel or bowl of ramen or something of the like, and just write away. I'm positive that this is the path I want to pursue... and I'll reach it someday soon, even if it drives me even more insane than I already am.

From the land of fantasy writing,

- Britt

No comments: